Virtual PE Daily Challenge
Day 10: March 27, 2020
Put a piece of tape on the ground. Then perform the following:
1) Jump back and forth over the tape as quick as you can for 30 seconds.
2) Jump side to side over the tape as quick as you can for 30 seconds.
3) Straddle the tape. Then jump and twist 180 degrees over the tape landing with your feet straddled on either side of the tape. Do this for 30 seconds.
4) Walk on the tape like a balance beam.
5)Hop along the length of the tape.
6) Be creative!
Day 9: March 26, 2020
Complete 10 of each exercise 3 times in this Fitness Intervals (for younger grades, complete less repetitions of each activity).
Day 8: March 25, 2020
- Have an indoor SNOWBALL FIGHT! Ball up some socks, form teams, build "forts," and throw them at one another!
Day 7: March 24th, 2020
Day 6: March 23, 2020
- Eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits today!
Day 5: March 20, 2020
- Pre-K-1st grade - Watch this video about washing hands and then take the quiz.
- 2nd-5th - Brain Pop Jr-informational video about Coronavirus
Day 4: Match 19, 2020
- Pre-K through 1st Grade
- Balloon Bounce - Blow up a balloon. Can you keep the balloon in the air? For a challenge add another balloon. Then try it with a parent or sibling.
- 2nd-5th Grade
- Device Detox - Can you go without your phone, tablet, TV or the internet? Try to go device free for 2 hours today. Instead, go outside, read a book, complete a puzzle, build something, bake something. etc.
Day 3: March 18, 2020
- Pre-K through 5th Grade: Complete the Yoga Workout Pictured below
Day 2: March 17, 2020
Day 1: March 16, 2020
- Pre-K - 2nd Grade Students
- Here is a link that will help you practice math and reading skills while mixing in some exercise too. Parents, they are offering a free subscription for 3 weeks. Watch the video of how it works on the homepage under the heading "See it in Action" to understand how it work. https://fluencyandfitness.com/
- 3rd-5th Grade Students: Practice jumping rope today. Watch these videos for inspiration!
- Chinese Jump Rope Patterns Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idrr_a3EseI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZFRZtGqEg&t=143s
- Amazing Jump Rope Routines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUUhF-R4V5M and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eg-_B-Q2sg