Starting the Week of May 4th, all Spanish Class Assignments will only be posted in the Humanities Google Classroom for your child's class. If you do not know how to access Google Classroom, please check Ms. Spell's Library Website for Instructions. Click on her Distance Learning Work link for instructions.
Spanish Activities for the Week of April 27th
*I am very excited to announce that I have joined the Library/Humanities Google Classroom for all 2nd Grade Classes. Moving forward, all weekly Spanish Class Assignment will be posted in your Library/Humanities Google Classroom. Just click on Classwork to check for your Spanish Class Assignments. This will be the last week that I post your weekly Assignments on my Web Page.*
This week's assignment is posted below, but you can also access it in Google Classroom.
- Students will be learning about Cinco de Mayo this week. Please click on the link to watch a video that I created about his holiday: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/5xVLbFLXZ5TsnYzC1zvX8j?
- Please click on the link to watch YouTube Videos on Cinco de Mayo.
- Please click on the link to complete a Google Form about Cinco de Mayo. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdakaKbqdlo3AlJkIyJZWIjlwuPIQf-45gE5yJIkTgECqZC_Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
Welcome Back From Spring Break Video for Students and their Families:
Spanish Activities for the Week of April 20th:
This is a "Catch Up" Week for Spanish Class. No new material will be posted. Instead, students may use this week to catch up any assignments that they may have missed during the first 4 weeks of Remote Learning. These Assignments can still be found on my Website by Grade Level. There is a running log of all Remote Learning Assignments. Feedback for your Seasons/Weather mini-project will be coming this week.
Spanish Activities for the weeks of March 30th & April 6th:
This Assignment is Spread out over the next two weeks so students have enough time to complete it. Please put forth your best work! I am here for you if you have questions or need help.
- Review the Weather Vocabulary Video and Vocab Handout from last week.
- Work on your Weather & Seasons Mini-Project. Click on the link below to open up the Project Instructions and read over carefully. If possible, print up the Project Instructions - that will make it easier to follow along. There are 3 Steps total. Please follow them in order. Remember, you have the next two weeks to work on this project. Please reach out to me if you have any questions at all. I am here for you if you need help or are confused. For Step 3 you will be recording another FlipGrid Video. The link for your new FlipGrid response page is embedded in the Step 3 Directions as well as included at the bottom of these instructions. You will submit your Weather & Seasons book to me once we are back at school. ***Although this mini-Project is not due until April 9th, I highly recommend that students complete Steps 1 & 2 this week as per the instructions***. ***Also, if you feel that the writing might be too much for your child, you could always print up the vocabulary handout from last week and then cut and paste the Weather expressions in Spanish for their Weather/Seasons Book.***
- 2nd Grade Weather & Seasons Project Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19TBEq_s78g-nHQU9VAhDYnQQLOaGfTPASjL181sh4M0/edit?usp=sharing
- 2nd Grade Flip Grid Link for Weather & Seasons Mini-Project: https://flipgrid.com/ab5d0d75
YOU CAN FIND ALL PREVIOUS REMOTE LEARNING ASSIGNMENTS BELOW. YOU CAN STILL COMPLETE AND SUBMIT FOR CREDIT EVEN IF YOU DID NOT DO THEM YET.
Spanish Activities for the Week of March 23rd.
1) Click on link below to watch a Video of Weather Vocabulary that I created. You may watch the Video as many times as you need to. Be sure to repeat the vocabulary out loud as you go along.
2) View/Print (if possible) the Handout on Weather Vocabulary. Click on the link below to view it. You will be using this Handout right up until Spring Break to complete assignments.
3) Use the FlipGrid Link below to record yourself telling me about today's weather in Spanish. Choose two weather expressions in Spanish from your Vocabulary sheet. Practice saying them out loud in Spanish before recording. You may refer back to my VidYard recording to practice. When you are ready to record, click on the FlipGrid link below. Then click on the green circle with the plus sign to add your FlipGrid Video about the weather. Be sure to include your name and class (Albanese, Boggs, Kenna, Kiley, Kolpack). If for any reason FlipGrid won't save, upload, etc - just send me an email and include the Video if you want. If you are uncomfortable submitting a video: Draw a picture depicting today's weather and write two weather sentences in Spanish. Take a picture of it and then send it to me in an email.
Spanish Activities for the Week of March 16th. 2nd Graders have Spanish on Monday. By Wednesday they should have reviewed the You Tube Videos through the links below. The Videos will reinforce our most recent Unit, including: The numbers 1-30; the Days of the Weeks; the Month of the Year; and the Seasons. As they watch the videos, please encourage them to sing along.
Student may also use these links to play games in Spanish. One link will allow them to play Spanish Bingo. The other link will allow them to Play Spanish Word Toss. For their topics for these games they should choose from the vocabulary above (numbers, days, months and seasons).
I am so excited to have the opportunity to teach Spanish to your children this year. 2nd Grade will be full of learning and fun.
2nd Graders will have Spanish on Mondays for 35 minutes each week.
Our Units of Study will be thematic. The topics will include:
- Greetings/Me llamo/Feelings/Goodbyes
- ¡Guacamole! Song
- Numbers 1 - 20
- Happy Birthday Song in Spanish
- Día de los Muertos
- Holiday Vocabulary in Spanish
- Three King's Days
- Classroom Objects
- Days / Months / Seasons
I will use visuals, manipulative, movement, videos, songs and much more to help teach Spanish to your child. Occasionally I may send home a letter to request certain materials that we may need to use to work on in-class projects or a letter with websites for on-line games that help support what we are learning in class. Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions.